Friday, December 28, 2007

Bucharest Airport

This is being written off line as I can't find free Internet access in Bucharest airport. The plane flight was not very nice as the difference in pressure hurt my ears big time since I caught cold. I was really afraid to turn deaf. As soon as I arrived I noticed that all women in the area are so white with blond hair tending to be white as well. Extreme white was not sexy at all.

As I reached the transit desk, leading to the departure halls, a beautiful lady officer stopped me, and informed me that I have to wait for some official from TAROM to come and check my boarding pass, and that my current boarding pass is not good for the flight. During this a male officer (like the old good ones in Egypt) came to me, with suspicious looks in his eyes, maybe just because i am from the middle east. He asked me politely to give him my passport and about my destination. He then started checking every page of the passport to see if I was forging my photo, then he checked every single visa I've got to see if it is forged. He then asked me to wait in my place and he took my passport and went to check it. In a long 10 minutes he was back with my passport with all the frustration in his own eyes, because he was not successful to stop me!!

I was then informed by the nice lady officer that I have to wait here till the TAROM official arrives. That was for 30 minutes after which the arrogant TAROM bitch arrived. Reminded me of the black widows working for some companies or the airport in Egypt. (Why they look similar). An aggressive look, a frown, little talk, and a look that would say you son of a bitch!!

After a while I was allowed to get my boarding pass and pass by the gate only to find a small airport that is much less elaborate than the Cairo airport. Eastern beauties were everywhere, but were not really tempting to me. They were just cheap!!

I tried to figure out what currency do these people use and how much of a Euro or a GBP is their currency but I couldn't get this info. Some shops were selling things in USD or Euros, others were selling in RON (the Romanian currency). Anyways I was not really very interested in buying anything so I went to the smoking zone to smoke a good Egyptian Marlboro then here I am sitting next to Gate 4 waiting for my connection flight to London, expecting a tough entry clearance as usual.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This blog is greate thanks for your info
Although a new company, 4airport has managed to become one of the most reliable companies in the field of Bucharest Airport Transfer services
http://www.4airport.ro/bucharest-airport-transfer