Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The phenomenal dream.

Today I woke up remembering my dream. After a warm shower and a cup of coffee I realized that this dream was not a one to be overlooked. On contemplating on that particular dream I figured out that it was not free of signs. I believe that this is one phenominal dream.






I dreamed of me walking -Call of duty style- by the fence of the Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria Univerisity, on that street where we used to utilize the many stationeries for photocopying, obtaining handouts and similar stuff. It is a warm sunny winter early morning (a favorite weather to many) people are going past the parked vehicles on the two sides of the street. The ambient music running in the background was not coming from an iPod or a similar player. It was coming from everywhere, comfortably loud, covering the whole place, and I am loudly singing every word of that song.

Till this moment I thought it was just another sweet dream for most of people. Nothing special. I then realized some facts; The music was by my all time favorite band: Pink Floyd, and the very specific song playing in my head was "Time"!! The very distinctive part of this song says:


Tired of lying in the sunshine
Staying home to watch the rain
And you are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun



Another fact: Today is a day in November 2010. Complete ten years has past since I graduated(Mid November 2000).

It might be a coincidence that I dream of such a song as I love it to the bone. But why do I dream of the whole scene at that time specifically at that specific time? Is it a sign that my time is getting wasted? Do I need to put on some more thoughts on what I am doing in life? Or is it just another combination of bitter sweet moments that I should let go?

No comments: