Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The transformation of the city

As I was walking the very typical daily path that I am used to walk, since I have learned how to walk,on my way to work, and my subconscious is "aware" of every single detail in the streets; the way people look, the color of buildings, and the bumps at both sides of the road, It has sent me an alert today that there is something missing, and it was not small to overlook. Another villa was destroyed.

Alexandria is presumed to be a beautiful city. Some people claim that it is beautiful for the sea, other say it is because of its citizens, and most of them believe that buildings are the real reason. Comparing to Cairo, Alexandria is still not a Forrest of cement, dust, and pollution as is the case in Cairo.

Nowadays, someone has decided that there has to be equality between Alexandria and Cairo, and both must have the same Forrest, so the law to ban destruction of villas is outdated and everyone with a heritage is selling it to a building tycoon to raise a 20 story building to gain more money, make poor people just poorer and make this city as ugly as he can.

Rabena 3al zalem wel moftary we ebn bent el .... :-)

No comments: